MAHCP Video Contest Rules
• The Video Contest will officially begin on November 1, 2018; entries can be submitted as of November 1, 2018, at 9:30 am.
• The deadline for submission for entries is 11:59 pm on January 31, 2019.
• Entries which comply with these rules will be judged by the number of “likes” they receive on MAHCP’s Facebook. Each video will be posted on MAHCP’s Facebook page for an equal length of time. Members are encouraged to share their favourite videos and ask their friends to “like” them on MAHCP’s Facebook page.
• All accepted video entries will be posted to MAHCP’s Facebook page from February 7, 2019 to March 1, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
• Entrants and all participants in the video must be current members of MAHCP as of December 31, 2018.
• Entrants must complete the submission form to confi rm that they have full rights and titles to the entries submitted, and that such entries do not violate any prior copyright interests of any person, and further, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MAHCP from any claim or action arising out of any breach of copyright caused by such entry.
• Where applicable, entrants must obtain approval from all individuals/facilities/organizations featured in their video entry. Entrants warrant and represent to MAHCP that each and every person or entity appearing in a submitted video has expressly permitted such inclusion.
• Videos should be less than three minutes in length, unless content is incredibly engaging and warrants greater length.
• Videos must aim to promote public awareness of the work of one or more of MAHCP’s many member professions as vital to the delivery of specialized, quality, reliable and vital health care in Manitoba.
• Videos must not contain inappropriate content. This includes, but is not limited to: nudity, profanity, vulgar behaviour, graphic violence, dangerous behaviour or material that promotes prejudice, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination or exploitation based on race, sex, religion, disability, age or any other basis protected by law; and material that is likely to cause offence to any person, or to injure the name, reputation or standing of any person or organization in any way, directly or indirectly.
• All entries will be reviewed by MAHCP to ensure that the content of the entry is appropriate in nature and to ensure entries abide by the competition rules. MAHCP may, in their sole discretion, refuse any entry at any time. No entries will be returned to the entrant. The decisions of MAHCP in relation to this competition will be final and binding on all entrants.
• MAHCP is not responsible or liable for any lost, late, incomplete, or invalid entry to the competition.
• Upon submission, all entries become the exclusive property of MAHCP, and may be used in any and all future promotional and/or educational contexts as deemed appropriate. MAHCP shall have the unrestricted right to use, edit, publish, broadcast, or stream any or all of the video entries, as well as the name, picture, statements, biographical information and likeness of any and all participants without further approval or compensation.
• By entering the content, each entrant unconditionally assigns and absolutely transfers to MAHCP in perpetuity any and all rights, titles and interests in each video entry including, without limitation, all copyrights and the exclusive right to use, duplicate and exhibit, and to authorize others to use, duplicate and exhibit, its video entry.
• By entering the contest, entrants are hereby deemed to acknowledge that they are solely responsible for their own entries and the consequences of submitting them to the competition site, and warrant that their entries are their original work or used with permission from the artist (including any video and audio used in the fi lm) and do not impinge on any other person’s rights.
• MAHCP shall not be held responsible or liable for the distribution of any prize monies among winning applicants. Once awarded, it is the sole responsibility of the winning entrants to distribute prize monies.
• By entering the contest, the winner(s) agrees to allow their name and picture to be shared in the MAHCP newsletter, website and social media accounts.
• This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and local laws.
Submit your video here.