1.2 OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS (ONLINE ENTRY)
The Allied Health Week Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals (the “Sponsor”). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. The Contest begins 9:00:01AM Central Time May 13th, 2019 (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends 11:59:59 PM Central Time May 18th, 2019 (the “Contest Closing Date”), known as the “Contest Period”.
1. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the Contest, post content through your Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter account or email to email@example.com. Content must: (i) includes a photograph that depicts yourself; and (ii) includes the Hashtags #IamAlliedHealth and #MAHCP and the name of your profession. You can also tag @MAHCP.MB on Facebook, @MAHCP_MB on Twitter and/or @MAHCP_MB on Instagram.
Once this photo has been posted, please fill out a ballot located at https://mahcp.ca/allied-health-week-photo-contest/ and click submit. This will be your official entry into the contest. If you have posted in more than one social media account, please fill out a ballot for each. Up to four (4) ballot entries per day will be accepted, one each for valid posts to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and for emailed entries.
Each Photo must comply with the following, applied in the sole discretion of the Sponsor:
– Photo can be taken by someone else but he/she must (i) give you permission to use the Photo and (ii) understand he/she is taking the Photo for you to have a chance to win a prize;
– Photo must be taken outside of work: A reminder to all members/entrants, that absolutely no photos should ever be taken in your workplace. This is an employer preference, not just a rule in this Contest. Be mindful of your surroundings and take any/all pictures outside of your place of work;
– Photo must not contain any nudity; sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content, including but not limited to crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct (including but not limited to the use of alcohol or drugs); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic);
– Photo must not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
– Photo must not include images of or references to third party brands, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculpture, or websites except those belonging to the Sponsor; and
– Photo must be original and not contain any material that violates a third party’s intellectual property, personal, property or other rights, including copyright, trademark, rights of publicity and privacy, when used as intended for this Contest;
– If the Photo contains third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person or the parent or legal guardian of any minor who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof, if requested, may render the Entry null and void.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per day per social media platform including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Must upload different photos for each entry if uploading photo to same social platform. Your Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter post must be accessible to the public to enter. Duplication may result in disqualification. All Entries must be posted during the contest period.
No Social Media Account Required: To obtain one (1) Entry in the Contest per day without a social media account or public social media account, an Eligible Entrant must send their photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and then fill out the ballot at https://mahcp.ca/allied-health-week-photo-contest/
To enter the Contest and be eligible to win, a person must be a member of the Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals and be the age of majority as of the Contest Closing Date. Employees of the Sponsor and members of the immediate family residing within the same household of an employee of the Sponsor are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win prizes in the Contest. Immediate family is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
There will be 10 prizes of a $100 gift card. A random draw will be made during the week of May 21 to 24, 2019, from among all eligible Entries received on or before the Contest Closing Date. Selected entrants will be contacted via the email or cellphone number they provided in the ballot. Prize Winners consent to the use of their name, address (city and province) and photograph without compensation, in any future publicity carried out by the Sponsor.
Any costs or expenses associated with the Prize will be the responsibility of the Winner. Winner agrees that Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold, converted to cash, are non-transferable, and no substitutions are permitted. The chances of being selected are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
The Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for Entries which are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible or are otherwise in any way not entered or eligible for the Contest. Further, entries must not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that are intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of this Contest or any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor’s computer is the sole timekeeping device for this Contest. Entries generated by any automated means are prohibited.
By participating in the Contest and submitting your Entry, you consent to the use of your Photo, name, and address (city and province/territory) without remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor, with respect to this Contest or future marketing campaigns and agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects thereof. By submitting a Photo you: (i) grant to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your Photo without compensation of any kind, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waive all moral rights in and to your Photo in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Administrator from and against any and all claims related, directly or indirectly, to your Photo (as applicable) – including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action. You warrant that your Photo is an original creation and does not contravene or infringe on any individual’s legal or other rights or the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any individual or entity. Photos may be posted in a photo gallery on the Contest Website, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject for posting in the photo gallery any Photo which does not comply with the above criteria, or in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, is objectionable for any reason. Sponsor retains the sole discretion whether or not to accept the Photo in the Contest.
Subject to applicable law, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and for any reason, to cancel, terminate, modify the Official Rules or administration of the Contest or suspend this Contest in whole or in part without prior notice and with no obligation or liability. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize Winner may be selected by randomly drawing from among all valid Entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and indemnify the Sponsor from any and all losses, expenses (including legal fees), damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Under no circumstances will the Sponsor be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, indirect, consequential or otherwise) with respect to or in any way arising from, this Contest or the prize awarded. In no event shall the Sponsor be required to award more prizes than what is indicated in these Official Rules or award the prizes otherwise than in accordance with these Official Rules.
The Sponsor, the Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals, respects your right to privacy and will use your personal information only to conduct the Contest and for the purpose as described in the Official Rules. Information collected is used solely to administer the Contest and is not sold, rented, or loaned to any third parties. No correspondence will be entered into, except with selected entrants. By completing and submitting a Contest Entry form you consent to the collection use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes stated herein.