Full-Time | In-scope: UNIFOR 191 | Download PDF Version Here
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Manager of Communications & Outreach and other staff, the Communications Officer creates and distributes compelling content across all communications channels. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that communications are consistent, effective and meet MAHCP’s high professional standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with MAHCP leadership and staff to develop, coordinate and deliver communications that inform and engage our members; support collective bargaining and advocacy; and raise public awareness of MAHCP and our members.
- Assist in development and implementation of communications strategy, including measurable outcomes.
- Manage MAHCP’s social media channels, websites and media relations.
- Provide communications support for union activities.
- Assist in planning and execution of events.
- Provide project management support for external communications/marketing contractors.
- Stay current on communications best practices and emerging trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Communications or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in communications, public relations, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in communications tools and channels including digital communications, social media, media relations, design/layout.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft 365, graphic design and web content management software.
- Strong organizational, project management and networking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in a union, non-profit organization or political environment an asset.
- Familiarity with labour relations and/or the labour movement preferred.
Salary and Benefits as per the UNIFOR 191 Collective Agreement
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to Keely Richmond Executive Director MAHCP at Keely@mahcp.ca by November 10, 2023