Member Services

The Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals is the only union dedicated solely to Professional, Technical and Paramedical health care employees. MAHCP offers broad services to our members, from labour relations to heavy workload forms, to information for new members and our scholarships program.

Make sure we have the most up-to-date member information on file. Click here to ensure that you have filled out your Member Application Form.


Ask the President Form  (PDF format), click this link for the online fillable form

Call for Resolution Form

Central Table Bargaining Flow Chart

Central Table Bargaining Committee Nomination Form

Central Table Bargaining Proposal Form

Executive Council Member Nominations Form

Expense Claim Form

Mileage and Meal Rates

Grievance Fact Sheet

Sickness Certificate – when a doctor’s note is required

Medical Certificate – for long term absence

Member Advocate Nomination Form

Member Advocate Position Description

Membership Application Form *new* 

President or Vice-President Nominations Form

Professional Development Form

Return to Work Meeting

Update Member Information Form

Workload Assessment Form

MAHCP Donation Request Order Form


The Executive Council of the Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals would like to welcome you as a new member of our union.

You are now a member of a union solely dedicated to Allied Health Care Professionals – a union comprised of 6,900 members in more than 190 professions, all over Manitoba.

We are here to listen to and address your concerns because this is your union and your union needs your support and participation to make it successful!


Proud History

MAHCP has over 50 years of experience in representing and advocating for health care professionals in Manitoba. We have a unique perspective and work hard on behalf of our members.

MAHCP is also unique when it comes to bargaining, as we have a process for any member to directly submit a proposal for collective bargaining.

When it comes to Professional/Technical/Paramedical employees, MAHCP had led bargaining on many fronts, including the Grievance Investigation Process; the portability of employees’ seniority and benefits between MAHCP employers across the province; and first to negotiate Maternity Leave top-up for full-time and part-time members.

Your Dues

Each member’s contribution of 1.25% of their salary goes towards the defence of our members’ rights in the workplace and the functioning of our union.

Annual General Meeting

Each Fall, MAHCP holds its Annual General Meeting either virtually, or in non-pandemic times in Winnipeg, with satellite locations in Thompson, Flin Flon, Snow Lake and The Pas. More satellite locations will be added to accommodate MAHCP’s newly expanded membership. During the AGM, a Q&A session is held where any member can ask any question.

Links for Our New MAHCP Members

Please ensure you have filled out our Membership Application Form.


If you have a child planning to attend university of college in the fall, or if you are planning on continuing your education, scholarships are available through MAHCP.

Continuing Education for Members 

The MAHCP Executive is pleased to award up to three (3) $1500 scholarships annually. Scholarships are open to all FULL MAHCP members that wish to enhance or upgrade their education by taking advanced courses, certificates, or programs.

Application in full must be received or postmarked between June 1 and August 30th. 

Additional information including requirements, criteria and submission details are included in the Continuing Education Scholarship Application Form (click here).

Monique Wally Memorial Scholarship Fund

The MAHCP Executive is pleased to award up to three (3) $500 scholarships annually to residents of Manitoba who are intending to enter their first year of an allied health profession. Students who are currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (university, college, etc.) and have been accepted into their first year of an allied health professional can also apply.

Application in full must be received or postmarked by July 28th at 4pm.

Additional information including requirements and submission details are included in the Monique Wally Memorial Scholarship Fund Application Form  (click here).

MAHCP Scholarship Fund

The MAHCP Executive is pleased to award to twelve (12) $500 scholarships annually. Scholarships are open to children of MAHCP members in good standing entering their first year of full-time post-secondary education (university, college, etc.) in any field of study

Application in full must be received or postmarked by July 28th at 4pm.

Additional information including requirements and submission details are included in the MAHCP Scholarship Fund Application Form (click here).


Al and Alma Cerilli Young Activist Scholarship

To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be union activists who are 35 years or under, pursuing post-secondary education, and belong to an MFL affiliate union.

You can find more information, including the application form here.

Deadline: May 31st, 2023

This scholarship is named after Al and Alma Cerilli, who spent their lives together making Winnipeg a better place for working families. Strong, caring, and committed activists, Al and Alma worked tirelessly to advance the goals of the labour movement and the New Democratic Party, to which they were deeply committed, empowering and supporting many fellow activists along the way.


Online applications for the National Union 2023 Scholarships are now available.

All scholarships come with an award of $2,500 and there are a total of 9 annual scholarships as follows:

  • Brian Fudge Memorial Scholarship
  • Scholarship for Black Students
  • Scholarship for Indigenous Students
  • Scholarship for 2SLGBTQIA+ Students
  • Scholarship for Students of Colour
  • Terry Fox Memorial Scholarship
  • Tommy Douglas Scholarship
  • Young Worker Scholarship (2 awarded)

Additional information including requirements and submission details are included on the National Union of Public and General Employees website (click here).

The deadline for applications is July 7th at 8pm.


New Addition to the MAHCP Discounts Program
City of Winnipeg Corporate Employee Wellness Program
The City of Winnipeg’s Corporate Employee Wellness Program offers reduced rates for fitness services at designated City of Winnipeg operated facilities.

There are two different types of passes available for corporate groups: Facility Passes and Active Living Passes. These passes can be purchased for either six months or one year.

Facility Pass
Facility Passes can be used for general admission during public hours at any City of Winnipeg aquatic facility or leisure centre. These facilities offer a variety of amenities including pools, whirlpools, saunas, indoor tracks, weight rooms, cardio equipment and fitness areas. Amenities differ from facility to facility.

Active Living Pass
The versatile Active Living Pass offers all the benefits of the Facility Pass, and can also be used for any City of Winnipeg drop-in Active Living class. There are a number of aquafitness and fitness classes to choose from.

The Corporate Employee Wellness Program is offered to all MAHCP Members in good standing. To purchase, you can go to any City of Winnipeg aquatic facility or leisure centre or 395 Main Street with your MAHCP Membership Card. Individuals can purchase a pass for themselves and sponsor up to five family members or friends at the same rate.

If you do not have your MAHCP Membership Card, one can be emailed or mailed to you provided you have completed your Membership Registration. Contact us at if you need your Membership Card.

If you already have a Facility Membership/Active Living Pass you will have your Corporate Employee Wellness Program Pass pro-rated.

IMPORTANT:We are in the process of updating the Member Discount program and confirming discounts. Please confirm with the businesses listed below regarding the discount offered prior to purchase/booking services. The discounts listed below may be different to what is currently being offered.

Addie’s World of Color

Receive 10% off all regular priced Benjamin Moore paints and stains. Must present MAHCP member ID card for discount.

Located at 307A Manitoba Ave. in Selkirk, MB

AVEDA Institute & Academy

Present your MAHCP member ID card and receive 15% off all student or salon services. No cash value. Not to be combined with any other promotions. Open Tuesday-Saturday.

Located at 80 Rorie St. in Winnipeg

Balancing Channels Acupuncture and Massage Therapy Clinic

MAHCP members receive:

  • 15% off your first one-hour massage
  • 20% off your initial assessment and treatment session

Located at Unit B-118 Sherbrook St. in Winnipeg

Bionic Tattoo Removal

Present your MAHCP member ID card and receive 15% off all laser tattoo removal treatments OR receive 50% off your second treatment (only). Must have consultation prior to treatment. By appointment only.

Located at 103-1335 Erin St. in Winnipeg

Canadian Footwear – All Locations

Show your MAHCP card and receive 10% off the regular retail price of any in-stock items.

Valid at all three Winnipeg locations. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Not valid on sale items. Excludes Blundstone product.

Winnipeg –

128 Adelaide St
1530 Regent Ave
1504 St Mary’s Rd

Toll-free: 1-888-997-4849

Celebrations Dinner Theatre

Celebrations offers our members:

$12.50/ticket off the regular price on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

$10/ticket off on Friday and Saturday. Cannot be combined with any other offer/discount.

Located at 1824 Pembina Hwy., Winnipeg.

Fittwell Centre

MAHCP members receive 20% off a 6-month or 22% off for a 12-month pass. Includes 24-hour access, fitness training session, review of your current workout plan, all fitness classes, children’s room, ergonomic exercise planning specific to workplace environments. Modern’s complete Community Fitness & Nutrition Facility.

Located at 105-30 Stephen St. in Morden, MB

Fluid Float Studio

Show your MAHCP member ID card and receive 10% off all regular-priced single float sessions.

  • 10% off a monthly membership fee
  • 10% off float packages (3-pack and 10-pack)
  • 15% off first-time float session

Follow-up member float session already discounted.

Located at Studio 85- 81 Garry St. in Winnipeg

Funky Threadz

Present your MAHCP card and receive 10% off regular price clothing and 15% off regular price footwear.

Cannot be combined with other promotions.

The Pas – 237 Fischer Ave
Ph: 204-623-6789

Great North GM

Present your MAHCP card to Kevin Armstrong and pay 2% above invoice on all models. Receive 20% off retail parts from our parts department.

Exclusions: Corvette’s and special or limited edition vehicles.

The Pas – 212 Larose Ave
Phone:  204-623-3481 or 1-888-799-0000

Northern Eyecare (in Flin Flon)

Present your MAHCP member ID card to receive a 10% discount on all eyewear.

Located at 127 Main Street, Flin Flon, MB. Phone number (204) 687-5633.

Northern Rainbow’s End Gifts & Flowers 

Present your MAHCP member ID card to receive 10% off Giftware and Cut Bouquets. Not Valid on any other sales offers.

Located at 55 Main St, Flin Flon, MB. Phone number (204) 687-7855.

Peg City Yoga

For online classes members will receive:
20% off a 1 Month Unlimited with promo code: virtual20
15% off a 10 Class Pass with promo code: virtual 15

Polished Cleaning Services

Present your MAHCP member ID card to receive a 20% discount on all your cleaning needs. To receive a quote on the services offered, please call 204-480-9779 or access their website at

Located in Winnipeg

Prescription Safety Eyewear Program

MAHCP has teamed up with the Manitoba Association of Optometrists to offer the Prescription Safety Eyewear Program. Through this program, MAHCP members can purchase prescription safety eyewear at a fraction of the normal pricing (usually 1/4 – 1/3 of the regular cost, depending on your vision prescription). To take advantage of this program, MAHCP members must bring their membership card and current vision prescription to any participating location and can purchase at the deal rate.

Currently at 55 locations across the province, including 27 in Winnipeg. Click here for more info.

Profits Home Furnishings

Present your MAHCP card and receive $100 off any sofa set.

Appliances not included.

The Pas – 140 Fischer Ave
Ph: 204-623-2302

MAHCP members receive 20% off any regular price headphones.

The Pas – Otineka Mall/Uptown Mall – Hwy. 10 N

Ph: 204-623-5836 or 1-800-334-9211

The Gym (in The Pas)

(10% Off Regular Monthly Rate)

1 month $45; 3 months $115 ($20 savings); 6 months $220 ($50 savings); 1 year  $440 ($100 savings)

Located at 416 Lathlin Ave The Pas, MB. Phone number (204) 623-0968.

The Hula Hut

Save 15% off regular-priced merchandise at The Hula Hut, 1504 St Mary’s Rd in Winnipeg and in Gimli during the summer.  Just show your MAHCP Member Card!

Winnipeg – 1504 St. Mary’s Rd.

Twin Motors (in The Pas, Flin Flon, Dauphin and Thompson)

MAHCP members receive a 5% discount on all sales and services with Twin Motors (The Pas, Flin Flon, Dauphin & Thompson) along with Rock Country GM in Thompson. Just show your membership card and get the discount.

Sal’s Fitness (in Flin Flon)

Must show your MAHCP card when asking for the discount: 13% discount on either a 6 month or a 12 month membership; and discounted 1 & 2 week passes as well. Phone number (204) 687-5811.

Victoria Inn (in Flin Flon)

The Victoria Inn Flon Flon will continue to offer MAHCP our preferred corporate rate to all members, and a 10% discount on Banquets at this property. Minimum would be 25 people- no maximums.

Located at 160 Hwy 10 A Flin Flon. Phone number 1-877-707-7555.

Wescana Inn (in The Pas)

MAHCP members, show your union card and receive a 5% discount on food purchased in the dining room at the Wescana Inn in The Pas.

Located at 439 Fischer Ave, The Pas


Canadian Union Advantage Benefits Program (CUABP)

Focus Hyundai

Independent Jewelers (10% off)

Murray Hyundai

Park’N Fly

SnapFitness 24-7

The Personal Insurance Company

Visions Electronics

Worb Financial Inc.


If you would like to suggest an area we should explore, please give us a call at 204-772-0425 or email


MAHCP will provide Professional Development awards to qualifying members, who wish to take professional development courses, or courses related to union education.

Maximum frequency of eligibility is once every two years. Successful candidates are required to pay the full amount of registration, and will be reimbursed upon submission of receipt. The award is to be used for registration fees and travel expenses. Successful applicants will be awarded 50% of total eligible expenses up to a maximum of $250.00.

Eligibility: Consideration will be given to candidates who provide all of the following, in a written submission using the application form on the MAHCP website.

  • provide a copy of the course information
  • provide a brief note stating how the course is professionally relevant
  • provide proof of enrolment (copy or receipt MUST be included)
  • provide applicable travel receipts

Professional development is found in most Collective Agreements under Leave of Absence: Career Development. If you have trouble finding this article, please contact MAHCP at:  (204) 772-0425

The award recipients must consent to have their name placed on the MAHCP newsletter and website. Applying to this fund does not preclude acceptance arbitrarily. All applicants will be notified in writing to advise them of the status of their application, before the time of the course in question.

Applications will be processed by the office staff, with final decisions made by the  President.

Please click here for the application form.