Tomorrow, July 11, is the start of the four-week campaign period for health care representation votes that have been mandated by the Pallister government. Your vote is extremely important, as you will be choosing the union that will represent you at the bargaining table and in your workplace for the rest of your career.
For 50 years, the Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals has been the voice of Professional, Technical and Paramedical health care employees in Manitoba. MAHCP will be one of several unions on your ballot, but we are the only union that is solely dedicated to Professional, Technical, Paramedical health care employees and we are by far the largest union representing our sector. MAHCP is the recognized leader in service and bargaining, and we think the choice is clear. We hope you take the time to research your options and make an informed decision.
Over the coming days, you will receive a package by mail where you’ll find more information on why MAHCP is the clear choice for our sector. Please contact us at any time for additional information, or to answer your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also be visiting several sites every weekday over the four-week campaign period. This Thursday and Friday, we will be at the following sites (listed by site, room, time):
Thursday, July 11
- Bethesda Regional Health Centre, Crocus Room, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Grace Hospital, Grace Hospital Auditorium, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Eden Mental Health Centre, Evergreen Classroom, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Actionmarguerite Foyer Valade, Grey Nuns Boardroom, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Friday, July 12
- Concordia Hospital, Outside Cafeteria, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Riverview Health Centre, Thomas Sill Auditorium, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Actionmarguerite St. Vital, Boardroom, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Neepawa District Memorial Hospital, Boardroom lower level, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Please look for our email every Monday where we’ll announce site visits for that week. In the meantime, I welcome the opportunity to hear from you or answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.
The voting period is August 8 to 22. During that time, please vote for One Strong Voice for Professional, Technical, Paramedical experts in Manitoba. Vote MAHCP.
Bob Moroz, MAHCP President