Labour Relations Officer 1
Full-Time | In-scope: UNIFOR 191 | Download PDF Version Here
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Labour Relations Officer 1 (LRO) is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day labour relations services to the membership, including but not limited to education and representation of the Membership/MAHCP at grievance meetings and on committees within a designated site or geographic area.
All aspects of Labour Relations:
- Interpretation and administration of Collective Agreement(s).
- Organizing new members.
- Preparing for and conducting Collective Agreement negotiations, both site specific and Central Table as required.
- Research legislation, history, previous arbitrations as available for the purpose of grievance /Arbitration preparation prior to going to legal counsel.
- Acts as a representative of the MAHCP on various committees as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Preparing/providing reports to the Executive Director on Labour Relations and other MAHCP business as required.
- Is responsible for initiating in either a proactive or reactive manner grievance investigations at the appropriate time.
- Representing the membership or the MAHCP at grievance hearings, filing the appropriate paperwork, managing the caseload, and reporting to the Executive Director or Board as required.
- Preparing for arbitration, liaising with Legal Counsel.
- Relief of other LRO’s caseloads as required due to illness, injury, vacation and bargaining.
- Liaise with members, staff representatives, MFL CLC NUPGE as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Labour Relations experience in Health Care.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Labour Relations preferable.
- Equivalent training and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated human relations skills.
- Advocate skills.
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license Ability to travel to sites/communities assigned.
Initiative (Independence of Action and decision Making)
The LRO is responsible for independent decision making within the scope of their position, when performing any of the Key Functions as outlined in this document.
This role has no direct supervisory functions
- Office environment
- Travel required
- Varied hours of work
As per the UNIFOR 191 CA
Please submit your application to Keely Richmond, MAHCP Executive Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22, 2023