The Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals is the best vote for Professional, Technical, Paramedical experts in Manitoba!
There’s a major difference between MAHCP and our competitors when it comes to vacation language: MAHCP has bargained language in days, not blocks. You earn your vacation in days, you take them in days.
Plus, as an MAHCP member, you keep every dime of your wages after regular dues are paid, even if you are deemed “essential services” during a strike. At our main competitor union, if their members are deemed essential in a strike, they have to give 30% of their wages to the strike fund – that’s not fair.
Here’s an example of another major difference: since MAHCP has a direct-service model, you don’t need to deal with a resource centre that will simply re-direct your calls. In fact, this begs the question, if our competitors have so many resources, why does it take them two to four years to resolve grievances?
This is the last couple days of site visits before the two-week voting period starts on August 8. MAHCP representatives will be at the following locations. Please stop by if you can!
Tuesday, August 6
– Nine Circles Community Health Centre, Boardroom 2, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Manitoba Adolescent Treatment Centre Ellice, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Portage District General Hospital, PDGH Classroom, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Arborg & District Health Centre, Boardroom, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Kin Place Primary Health Centre – Oak Bank, Multipurpose Room, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– EMS Portage, EMS Station, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
– Johnson Memorial Hospital in Gimli, Hospital Multipurpose Room A, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday, August 7
– Access Transcona, Meeting Room 163, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
-Rehabilitation Centre for Children, Boardroom Second Floor, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Stonewall & District Health Centre, Multipurpose Room A, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Flin Flon General Hospital, Boardroom (4 Flr), 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Primary Care Flin Flon (including EMS), Conference Room, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Cranberry EMS, Meeting Room, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Selkirk Regional Health Centre, Public Meeting RM 1, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.